Memorial Day always makes me think. I think of the sacrifices my grandfather made, and never really discussed. I think about the 4,000 plus soldiers that have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. I don't think that anyone will ever comprehend what those families go through nor will people be appreciative of the sacrifice they made. This shouldn't be a one day event. Part of me feels angry when people enjoy cookouts and lounge around. It is not a day of celebration, it is a time of rememberance and solace. I really wonder how many people participated in the moment of silence that was requested by President Obama?
For all the families who experience everyday as a memorial day after the death of their service member, I hope that they find comfort in the knowledge that some of us appreciate the service and sacrifice of their loved one.
Healthy Almond Joy
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment